As everyone is saying this time of year, where has the time gone!? As I was looking at my calendar this morning, I thought it would be a good time to reflect on 2015 - the celebrations, the failures, and everything in between.
- For the first time in years, I didn't travel outside of North America (a seemingly rare occurrence)
- Our family took two road trips this summer, which is more than we've ever done, since.. well ever.
- I watched my brother's soccer Provincials (equivalent to State) and got too emotionally invested and still claim they should have made it to the finals!
- My side hustle
- I got my first paid client!
- I finally revamped my website (the current layout)
- My favorite freelancers (Breanna Rose (Rowan Made) + Jen Serafini (Serafini Creative) released their first Be Free Lance course - which is a wealth of knowledge about freelancing and being your own boss.
- I attended a local Bloom Gathering hosted by Yellow Conference attendees Nikki and Nicole (owners of the bloomerie)
- Created posters for VOICE, my friend's new company, that is building a better marketplace by providing a new way to shop
- Photographed my second engagement session for some of my best friends
- Roadtripped to Chicago with my best friends to see our favorite author, Shauna Niequist, release her new devotional
- Graduated my senior high small group girls + started my third year of youth staff
- Attended our annual friendship retreat
- I got a mentor as well as becoming one myself
- I learned to initiate depth and intentional community
- Sent out my best friend and her husband to live in South Africa for a year
- Tried to keep my perspective on singleness godly and Christ-centered
- Celebrated weddings and engagements as well as mourned the passing of a beloved friend's parent
- Be present
- Love deeply and intentionally
- Say yes to the things God is asking me to do instead of asking 'why me' & saying 'yes, Lord, here I am' [from a Moses response to a Samuel one]
- Say no more often
- See my sister graduate from college!